Spiced Chocolate Salami
Makes 2 logs
- 1 cup of ginger thins or cookie of your choice, lightly crushed
- 9 ounces of dark chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- 1 teaspoon kafe hawaij, ras el hanout, or cinnamon
- ¾ cup of heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into cubes
- ½ cup sliced roasted almonds, or nuts of your choice (optional)
- Powdered sugar, for serving
- Place crushed cookies in a large bowl and add the nuts.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Add the cream, spice and the chocolate, stirring until everything is melted and smooth.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the cookie and nut mixture and stir until combined.
- Chill 30 - 60 minutes, until it's firm enough to work with.
- Lay out two sheets of parchment, plastic wrap or foil. Spoon half the chocolate mixture on the surface of one sheet, and gently roll into a log shape. Twist each end and then repeat for the other half of the mixture. Chill several hours.
- Remove from the fridge a few minutes before serving to make it easier to slice. Dust lightly with powdered sugar for the full salami effect.