Cypriot Potato Salad
- 2 pounds of small new potatoes
- 1/4 of a red onion, sliced
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup of pitted and chopped mixed olives
- 2 - 3 tablespoons of capers, drained
- Handful of mint, chopped
- Handful of cilantro, chopped (You can swap in your favorite fresh herbs here.)
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 3 - 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Optional: Red pepper flakes, zest of your lemon
- Bring a big pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cut the potatoes into large chunks. Don't bother peeling them.
- Boil the potatoes about 15 minutes, then drain and place in a big bowl.
- Add your other ingredients and stir well.
From here, you can serve warm, or refrigerate and let the flavors intensify overnight.
Note: I am obsessed with Agrumato's insanely good extra virgin olive oil pressed with lemons — you can substitute it here for an even bigger lemon kick.