Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi Recipe
Are you a huge shrimp scampi fan? There's no need to pay a hefty price tag at a restaurant when you can make delicious Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi at home.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Author: Chrystal Johnson
- 2 pounds shrimp wild preferred
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons pastured butter we use Kerrygold
- 1 tablespoon minced organic garlic
- 1/2 cup white wine see how I freeze white wine for cooking
- 1/2 cup homemade chicken stock
- 1 pound free pasta or 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Parsley optional garnish
Place the oil and butter in your Instant Pot, leaving the lid off. Set it to Saute mode.
When the butter is melted, add the garlic and cook just until fragrant.
Add the white wine and chicken stock to deglaze the pot. Stir up any browned bits.
Turn off the Saute setting, and add the shrimp and cover with the lid.
Set to meat/stew for 1 minute. Once that is done, allow for natural release for 5 minutes, then use quick release to release the remaining pressure.
Stir in the cooked pasta or rice and add the lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
*To cook rice in your instant pot, use 2 cups of rice and 3 cups of water. Use the rice button on Instant Pot and do a 10-minute natural pressure release. *To cook pasta in your instant pot, use 2 cups of pasta to 3 cups of water. Use the soup button and cook 8 minutes, with a quick pressure release.